Dave Plowman (News)

In article s.net,
:::Jerry:::: wrote:
lug
behind, which is a pain to get at. A fused spur above, over the

worktop,
with a fuse in, and the ring mcb, and then an RCD. They say we

overkill.
If there is a fault and the fuse blows behind the washing machine?

They
thing it is silly to have a fuse in that plug, when a fused spur

gives
protection above. I agree with them. I know some people who

remove the
fuse and put a copper wire across the washing machine plug, so they

don't
have to drag the washing machine out. A good thing? Maybe not as

the
appliance may be faulty.

That is one of the many failing with ring circuits I've tried to
illustrate, but the IEEE 'dinosaurs' just can't see the wood for the
trees....

The only way you'd 'improve' on this would be to have one radial circuit
per socket with its own MCB.

Total madness and completely unnecessary.

You seem to thing plug fuses blow regularly. I can't honestly think of the
last time I had to replace one which has failed for no reason. And if an
appliance has a fault, that fault has to be corrected anyway, so it makes
little difference if the fuse is in the plug, the appliance itself or non
at all but simply an MCB.

--
*Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.