Duane Bozarth

Dave Hinz wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:59:09 -0500, Duane Bozarth wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

I've got a 650-year family reunion to go to in Norway in 2008, maybe
that'd be a good starting place for a baltic trip.

How many are there from the previous one, Dave?

Last one I know of was to 600th, so that'd leave the grandma who was a
small girl then.

Interesting subthread...enjoying lurking...

It helps when the farm has been in the same family since 1358...and the
land sale record is even online:
http://www.dokpro.uio.no/perl/middel...l?b=2592&s=240

"3 men of the King's Authority, at (the event of) Harald of Lunde and
his wife Ingegorg selling to Gudbrand Thordsson, 3 units of land called
Tokestad at Forberg (in the parish of Ringsaker). (document location
and number), dated 29 June 1358.

Now that is too cool! Makes our third-, fourth-, and (rarely)
fifth-generations look pretty puny doesn't it?

I recall as a young whelp right out of college leaving W KS for VA and
being nearly overwhelmed by the obvious age difference--of course, I
knew of Colonial Virginia, but it's something different when the place
one was raised wasn't settled until significantly after the Civil War...