Robin S.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have searched this group for information about obtainable accuracy or
surface grinders and have found some interesting information but have
not found an answer to my specific question.

I'm still interesting as to why you are so concerned about the grinder's
capability.

From a toolmaking perspective, .0002" flatness is virtually a joke in all
but the most critical applications. As you found out, it doesn't take much
to move .0002" if there are any forces acting on your work piece.

Further, you haven't even gotten in to grinding your work piece yet. It's
not hard to grind a part to .0001", assuming it's fairly stable.

Unless you're grinding very large work pieces (unlikely given the size of
your machine), you're probably not going to have trouble with the grinder.
More likely, in my experience, you'll have trouble with your work piece
flexing. While a good table is important, there are many other areas you
could have trouble with that will take far more time and be far more
aggrevating to iron out.

Just my $0.02 worth... It's like worring about which oil to buy for your car
before learning how to drive.

Regards,

Robin