I didn't really know what to think and was willing to start testing the
waters for him as he doesn't know much about ww - he's got the money
and he's looking to make more like every business man on this planet.
So, I don't give too much of a damn about the way he will "accept" my
conclusions.

So let me get this straight. You're proposing a new woodworking
magazine run by someone who "doesn't know much about woodworking", but
is doing it simply as a means to make money by doing things such as
tool review articles with the names of advertisers painted on bimbos.
And offering plans for making sex toys.

Meanwhile, the guy who took the contract to do the "market research"
obviously doesn't know much about market research, but is doing it
simply as a means to make money by doing something equally as
upstanding.

Sounds like you two are a match made in heaven.