Dhakala

I tried to play with words in my initial post but this new magazine is
intended to contain some soft porn material. The idea to exploit, as
other have expressed already, would be to take the love for our
machines and tools and add some naked babes along with them. The
articles would still be serious but just presented in a different way.
Advertizers would be the typical stereotypes for men; trucks & cars,
beers, fishing gear, aftershaves, etc...

For instance, a router test would be done but each router would be
presented by babes with the tool brand name painted on their naked
body. Things like that... Question yet to define, do they go for soft
porn only (showing boobs and butts) or they go full blast with very
explicit pictures (hairy mortises!). Someone's has to draw a line
somewhere. I believe soft porn would be enough and babes will be easier
to find and the magazine easier to sell... Wives would maybe tolerate
it more if it's soft porn...

Among the proposed woodworking projects, there's a special chair
designed in such a way that you can use it to have sex in many
different positions without getting tired. I've seen the prototype and
this is really amazing... from behind, on top, over, 69, you name it,
you can do it even if you're overweight. There are a lot of projects
with sexual usages. For example, apparently there's a woman woodworker
who makes wooden dildos. I've seen some in pictures and they're real
pieces of art.

Ewww! I guess Art must be her ex-husband.

If this soft porn woodworking mag is your idea, shame on you. If it's
your client's idea, you have a chance to be a hero by saving him from
total financial disaster.

Anyway, I don't know what to think about this and I still have to
produce a serious market study and present serious answers...

Oh gheeez, I wish I had refused this stupid contract...

Why? Don't tell me you're only paid if the client LIKES the serious
answers? Here they a

- There are tons of soft porn mags out there, and damned few good
woodworking mags. Why would your client want more competition for
readers and advertisers instead of less?

- The folks here in rec.woodworking will tell you what a serious
woodworking mag should look like. Some of them already have.

- If you produce a serious woodworking mag, word of it will spread from
here to the rest of the universe like spam. These guys are your Alpha
Audience.

- Makers of quality woodworking equipment will pay as much to be in a
well-targeted mag as Bud will pay to be in "Easy Rider."