Ken Moon

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:13:35 -0400, "Lee Michaels"

wrote:

SNIP...........
OUCH! I can hire a lot of immortal teenagers to lift stuff before I spend
$1,000...
Looks pretty cool, though.. I would of loved one when I was a weekend auto
mechanic..

=======================
An alternative would be to check your classified ads under "hospital
equipment" (or whatever their equivalent is) and look for power
wheelchair/scooter lifts. A popular brand (or at least pushed by salesmen at
a local med equip place) is Bruno. One is a hydraulic arm, like an engine
hoist, that fits on a plate inside the van (or pickup) and swivels to allow
the chair or scooter to swing in and be lowered. I don't know the weight
limit, but many of the chairs and scooters are near or above 300 lbs. Since
it medical equip, there's probably a big safety factor built in, so it
should handle some pretty good sized turning stock.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.