larry g

Karl's idea is what basically I have at my house. It was common to use two
concrete culverts on end to do the deed. The waste flows into the first
tank, through a 6" pipe to the second , and then out into the leech field.
The tanks are about 36" in dia and maybe 4' tall. The pipes in the sides
are about 3.5' above the bottom. The inlet and outlet have elbows pointed
down for baffles. Its been working better than 50 years.
lg
no neat sig line

"Karl Townsend" remove .NOT to reply wrote
in message ink.net...
If you're looking at a bootleg system, the barrels will crush on you. I'd
suggest you use a culvert for your tank. No reason a long narrow septic
tank won't work. Plug ends with concrete around inlet and outlet lines.

Karl