Bill Rubenstein

Yep, but when your lathe is capable of 30" inboard, a bowl blank may
weigh close to 150 lbs -- beyond my ability to deal with. There is a
bowl on our dining room table now which is only 23" but roughed out it
came off the lathe at something north of 40 lbs.

Bill

mac davis wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:11:10 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

http://www.hitches4less.com/hitch-ho...ck-crane-.html

OUCH! I can hire a lot of immortal teenagers to lift stuff before I spend
$1,000...
Looks pretty cool, though.. I would of loved one when I was a weekend auto
mechanic..

You can always weld something up if you have access to a welder. Hydraulic
jacks are reasonable.

As a turner, I really don't have a use for one.. I pretty much cut blanks now
and then put them on th truck, or branch wood in 3 to 5 foot sections..

I guess if I was also resawing, I'd want longer, heavier pieces..
All the local forest here has is soft wood, so I really don't get into much
resawing..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing