Ray

Why TO hang out on the wreck:

Me. I am new to woodworking and need all of the help I can get. I
have made a few projects of mediocre quality, but want to do more.
Yes, I was motivated by Norm to try it out. Yes, I build more jigs
than projects. Yes, I buy too many power tools and have only one plane
I don't know how to use. But I am still at it.

I have pieces of a coffee table waiting to be sanded, glued (no brads),
and oiled (I think that is the correct order). These were wrapped up
during the move and remodel we're doing. Next project will be a
rocking horse for the second child. I hope to do a much better job
than I did on the first one.

Sometimes I think I'll never have time to get to any of these, and
then I am inspired by JT. Yes some of the posts are OT and political
but all wood and no play makes Jack a dull boy. For a newbie like me
the mix is just right, sometimes too OT, sometimes too in depth (still
don't know what riving knives are). The individual websites are also
helpful, LRod's advice on smoking will come in handy soon, I'm
almost ready.

So why read, and post, to the wreck? Because whether or not you read
it often, there are plenty of people out here reading and occasionally
posting that are in need or your experience and opinions.