Joe

Andy Asberry wrote:

I've built a small shop (1500') on the farm. It is properly plumbed
inside for a sink and toilet. No zoning or permits required except for
septic. County has banned new conventional leach field systems.
Grandfathered ones can be repaired but not replaced.
Smallest permissible new is three 500 gallon tank aerobic with both
pumps.

snip

I'd like to hear comments and suggestions.

I suppose there is another option. Chamber pot/slop jar, depending on
which side of the Mason/Dixon line you're on.

There's also the Incinolet (I'm not sure about the spelling) - an
incinerator toilet, as well as systems that pump the slop uphill into a
septic/sewer. Both are regularly advertised in Fine Homebuilding magazine.

Me, I walk the 30 feet or so to the edge of the woods. Dogwoods provide
plenty of privacy. The sink runoff does just that (downhill). I figure I
can wash my hands using a hose (or "hose-pipe", here in de South) and no
one would complain, so the sink just helps channel the water. Boraxo seems
pretty benign in the amounts I use.

Joe