John B

Tom Watson wrote:
I received a communication from a WreckFriend of mine today.

A thinking man, a judicious man, a decent wooddorker.

He said that he would no longer be a cohabitant of the Wreck.

This was disturbing to me and I thought to parse its particulars.

He states that the Wreck is lacking in, " both wisdom and wit."

I suppose that I would have to agree, in a general sense.

We are certainly well past the days where Mr. Leach and Mr. Olguin
lent their particular insight into things particular and general on
the WrecK.

I have not seen a post from Mr. Bohn in quite some time.

I have not seen my favorite story teller spin his tales here in a bit.

I read a good deal too much of Mr. Fatheree's political opinions, and
those of Messrs. Hinz, Fredfighter, Miller, etc. - good and worthy
men, I am sure, but not much in the wooddorking department.

I wonder why they post here.

I will miss my friend, and he will be missed by those who value
insight, values, and intelligence.

One more good man gone.

One less reason to read the Wreck.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)

G'day all,
I place the Wreck in the same category as as someone visiting me down
the shed. Just because we're in a place where mostly woodworking is done
does not mean that we can only talk woodworking. The chances are that
out interests are some what common and we will strike upon a topic to
yarn about that we both enjoy, be it a discussion, an argument or just
bull****. The chances are that woodworking bought us together and so
does the Wreck.
The other analogy, when it comes to OT posts, is the local pub. You join
in conversations you want to and are interested in and ignore the
others, as does everyone else. Therefore there are numerous
conversations, discussions and arguments all going on at the same time
and in the same room. No need to get your nose out of joint, ignore the
fools in your eyes and let live.
I'm not pointing the finger here, just that the thread sought of leant
itself to this reply.
All the best
John