Todd Fatheree

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
I received a communication from a WreckFriend of mine today.
A thinking man, a judicious man, a decent wooddorker.
He said that he would no longer be a cohabitant of the Wreck.

That's probably too bad.

This was disturbing to me and I thought to parse its particulars.
He states that the Wreck is lacking in, " both wisdom and wit."

I suppose that I would have to agree, in a general sense.

We are certainly well past the days where Mr. Leach and Mr. Olguin
lent their particular insight into things particular and general on
the WrecK.

I have not seen a post from Mr. Bohn in quite some time.

I have not seen my favorite story teller spin his tales here in a bit.

I read a good deal too much of Mr. Fatheree's political opinions, and
those of Messrs. Hinz, Fredfighter, Miller, etc. - good and worthy
men, I am sure, but not much in the wooddorking department.

Funny....it seems for each of my political opinions, you have one also. As
for woodorking, I'm curious how you gauge my skills. Unless I'm misstaken,
you've never seen my shop. I may not make the works of art that you create,
but I think you assume too much. And here's a tip for anyone who reads too
many off-topic posts. Every newsreader that I'm aware of has the ability to
ignore a whole thread. If you *really* don't want to read a post, there's
no one making you.

I wonder why they post here.

I read and post to a variety of threads on the wreck. Some on-topic, some
not. Seems that the same goes for you. I'll agree that I probably get
caught up in the off-topic posts more than I should. In fact, I chose to
let one drop today. I tell you what...starting today, I won't post to any
off-topic threads and you do the same. We'll see who can keep it up the
longest.

I will miss my friend, and he will be missed by those who value
insight, values, and intelligence.

One more good man gone.

One less reason to read the Wreck.

One more reason to join me in not posting to off-topic threads. If we work
together, we can make a difference, Tom.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)

todd