Thomas Bunetta

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
snip
I will miss my friend, and he will be missed by those who value
insight, values, and intelligence.

One more good man gone.

One less reason to read the Wreck.

snip

Mr. Watson,
You are one of the reasons I still "read the wreck". Much has changed since
the Cabal was at large, and the echoes of Klown Hammers have faded away, as
you mused in the text removed above.
It really doesn't take as much time as it once did... so much gets skimmed
by, even after the killfile does its job.
But some is entertaining, and I admire those more proficient at typing than
I that have patience to answer so many times the often repeated questions
(read the FAQ?).
Now and then I laboriously "hunt and peck" my way through an answer to
someone, but mostly lurk.
(Oh, and I guess a few gloats... but hey, there were/are a lotta folks here
that I consider friends, and a guy has to brag and BS somewhere BG.)
It was that spirit that made me write the Masters piece ;). I wanted to
share something that humbled me and touched in a way not often done.
Your stuff (to come full circle) sometimes has that touch, in wit and
intellect... and most importantly a good touch of humor.
I just wanted remind you that the heroes of the Wreck will of necessity come
and go... (All men bow to Father time).
I too miss the Duke of Url, and David and Paully Rad.
But being a tiny bit suspicious (perhaps just hopeful) they may yet be
lurking beneath a different name I still come to "read the wreck".
Several times new faces have come and gone, and the chaff to wheat ratio HAS
changed.
But I'll be hanging around a bit yet. Thanks to guys like you!
Tom