Bill Rubenstein

I just got back from AAW and so haven't had a chance to read all this
thread. But, has anybody mentioned the $30,000.00 pickup truck you need?

Bill

Barry N. Turner wrote:
So, you wanna know what turning is gonna cost you? $10,000? Yeah, that's a
start, but doesn't take into account the addictive nature of woodturning and
the never ending yearning for more/bigger/better tools and equipment.

To give you a better idea, consider what a week's supply of heroin would
cost. Now, after a week on the stuff, you're hopelessly addicted. Now,
consider the cost of the addiction for the rest of your life. :-)

Barry

.
"Tom Nie" wrote in message

Thanks for the responses to my other post.

The $10,000 came from sitting with a catalog and starting a list of what
would be needed, or wanted, and came up with around $5000. Then adding the
lathe, probably a Oneway. Basically a $5000 tag for a lathe.

Reason? To get some handle on where this all could go. And the other is

that

over the years I've found that buying the cheapest is not the cheapest. I
tend toward perfectionism and might complain of the failings of the
equipment if too cheap. My general equipment experience over my career is
fairly extensive.

I've reservations in August to do a week of Basic Woodturning in Ripley,

WV

at Cedar Lakes.