JohnM

Grant Erwin wrote:
JohnM wrote:

Can I assume I can hook comuters with various Windows OS's together
with ethernet cards and coax?

Yes.

If so, will a Win95 OS pretty well know what to do assuming I can get
the thing to recognize the hardware or is it going to be a real pain
to make work?

Yes, it will know what to do.

What sort of cable do these cards need? The same a TV uses by any chance?

No. TV cable will *not* work with great certainty. TV cable is coaxial
cable, which has 2 conductors. Ethernet cable has 4 conductors (2 of
which are actually used). Just buy network cable, stuff is dirt cheap.
Don't get me wrong, depending on what you are doing, it is conceivable
that some of your link could be made up of coaxial cable, but actual
Ethernet cards that hook directly to coaxial cable are rare, and TV
coaxial cable is the wrong impedance.

And this is the wrong newsgroup. Google Tells All, in this case I
suspect quite quickly.

GWE

OK, I got some good information to start with- I kindly thank all who
have responded with worthwhile suggestions.

Yeah, I'm off topic.. but it's something hands-on, and not too political.

Again, thanks all,

John