John Rumm

Rob Morley wrote:

With regard to the lining paper, is this likely to look bad (or even
visible) once painted, if I only apply the paper where it's needed to
cover damage? Large parts of the wall are still fine.

My nesserver seems to have dropped this post....

Yes, it will look horrid.

If there is substantial marking to the plasterboard then yes it will
look pretty bad. However slight imperfections may be improved with paper.

Failing that give a quick coat of emulsion, and then use a wide taping
knife and a bag of artex as a fine surface filler to fix any blemishes.
Once dry sand again and then paint.

(Artex is a dirt cheap filler and sands easily when used like this)

--
Cheers,

John.