Rob Morley

In article , "Stuart
Noble" says...
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Chris Styles wrote:

All,

We've just moved to an area with very hardwater, and I dont think the
previous occupants did anything to compbat limescale in the loo :-(
Despite scrubbing and using a few of the off-the-shelf-from-teso
limescale removers, the deposits havent budged.

Google seems to suggest using vinegar - anyone got any experience of
this? Alternatively, can anyone recommend some super
industrial-strength limescale eater?

BRICK ACID.

Cheers

Chris

I find it best to block the WC with a plastic bag and fill the bowl
right up to the rim with 5-10% sulfamic acid crystals (Fernox descaler).
Leave overnight. Best way I know to get the whole thing clean with the
minimum of effort. Anyone who wants to mess with hydrochloric is welcome.

But if you block the bowl this will do nothing to remove the
limescale around the bend.