Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Fly-by-Night CC wrote:
In article ,
Dave Hinz wrote:

Yes, sometimes things get ****ed up so bad that they can't be fixed by
an incompetant military strategy. I don't consider Johnson to be an
example of a great strategist, do you?

Gee, I thought Nixon entered office in '69... that left almost 5 years
for a Republican president to straighten it out with his brilliant
military strategy.

Yes, and we were winning the war under Nixon, too, until the
Democrat-controlled Congress cut him off at the knees.

Nixon self-destructed.

The (Democratically-controlled) Congress cut off support for South
Viet Nam under Ford.

Morally, we (meanig our side, not just the US) went wrong in Viet Nam
long befor that with the violations of the 1954 treaty and the
assasination of Diem.

--

FF