Jon Elson

JohnM wrote:
Can I assume I can hook comuters with various Windows OS's together with
ethernet cards and coax? If so, will a Win95 OS pretty well know what to
do assuming I can get the thing to recognize the hardware or is it going
to be a real pain to make work?

Yes, you have to set up names for "windows shares" and network
addresses. I prefer TCP/IP protocol, but you have (too many) choices.
Nearly any card should just plug in and work.

What sort of cable do these cards need? The same a TV uses by any chance?

If you can even FIND coax-type ethernet cards, now, you need 50 Ohm, not
75 Ohm, cable. Video is standardized at 75 Ohms, so it won't work
without causing reflections.

Jon