Anthony

JohnM wrote in
m:

Can I assume I can hook comuters with various Windows OS's together
with ethernet cards and coax? If so, will a Win95 OS pretty well know
what to do assuming I can get the thing to recognize the hardware or
is it going to be a real pain to make work?

What sort of cable do these cards need? The same a TV uses by any
chance?

Many thanks,

John

Ok, here's the scoop......
You need an ethernet card for each PC. You need ethernet cable with
RJ-45 connectors. You need an ethernet switch (Hubs, although cheaper,
introduce other problems if you are as unfamilar with networking as your
post makes you seem). Switches come in several flavors of number of
ports, typically, 4, 8, 16, 32 port varieties. Depends on how many PC's
you have. You need 1 port per PC. Get a switch/router, as they have a
built in DHCP server to dole out IP addresses and this eases set-up. W95
will network fairly easily with TCP/IP.

--
Anthony

better idiots.