On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 19:23:58 GMT, someone wrote:

Yeah, because you'll be pocketing the extra few hundred a month and can save
it or invest it.

Yes, but that is a stand alone statement: "I wish to have the lowest
possible house payment so that I can have more money to invest" is
fine, IF you want to play the leverage on the house.

What is a complete non-sequitur is to attempt to justify this by
adding that spiel about "since I'd be paying mostly interest
anyway..." If you want max leverage, you don't been to say the 2nd
part to justify the 1st part. But if you 'need' that justification,
it doesn't hold water.