Jerry Built

Default Sound insulation of soil pipe

Dave Liquorice wrote:
Philip Roberts wrote:
I've built a timber frame around it, which I'm going to cover
with two layers of 12.5mm plasterboard and have skimmed.
Question is - should I insert Rockwool in it's 'natural'
state, ie, unpack the stuff and let it expand to its maximum,
should I cram as much Rockwool into the void as I possible can?

TBH two layers of 12.5mm plasterboard are going to do far more
than a bit of rockwool no matter how much or little you put in.

I agree - however, I would still pack in some rockwool, it might
help dampen vibration in the pipe. Maybe ruberoid/capping felt
would help (*messy*)!

Make sure that there are no holes/cracks for the sopund to sneak
through as well.

Very important.

J.B.