Mike Barnes

In uk.d-i-y, Rob Convery wrote:

Is there a way of doing this keeping the main dimmer with the capability
of
dimming all lights?

I'm not sure if understand you correctly but clearly the relay coil
won't respond reliably to a dimmed input signal. But there's no reason
why it shouldn't switch a dimmed signal. Could you explain more fully?

What I meant is the relay solution is 1 but will not enable wall mounting
dimming. Is there solution that will.

I'm still not sure I understand, but assuming you want to use X10 for
switching and your existing wall switch for dimming and master off...
you could use two X10 modules to drive relays, and use the contacts of
those relays to connect the dimmed output from the wall switch to the
lamps.

If that's not what you're after, forget I spoke...

--
Mike Barnes