David Lang

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message

Get some brick cleaner from Jewsons, which is dilute
hydrochloric acid (check the label). Bale out the
pan, top up with the cleaner, leave for a few hours,
flush repeatedly, repeat if you need to. Don't try &
chisel the scale off, or you may damage the glaze.

No don't !!!!! Strong Hydrochloric acid can damage the glaze! I know, I've
done it!

Look in Yellow Pages under Janitorial Supplies to find your nearest
commercial cleaning supplies place, Call in & buy a good toilet descaler.
Hydrochloric is good, but in a toilet cleaner it will be the right strength
and it will be buffered to make it less aggressive.

Might take repeated applications but it will work without damage.

Dave