Owen Lowe

In article , "George" George@least
wrote:

Hmmmm. Quick figuring shows slightly over $5,500 in hardware, but I've got
a spare lathe included in that.

I'm quick'stimating that I've spent about $2500-$3000 in the 4 years
since getting my lathe, not including consumables or purchased woods.
That includes the lathe, chuck, tools, chain saw, sharpening hardware,
disk sander and bandsaw.

I'm about to take a huge leap in a lathe upgrade, but my midi/mini lathe
has done very well as an inexpensive, hard wearing, introductory machine
to learn on, test out my long-term turning interest and help define the
direction my turning interests would head before purchasing a
high-dollar lathe inappropriate to my needs.

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners,
Cascade Woodturners,
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Safety Tip'o'th'week: Never grind aluminum and steel or iron on the same
machine or workstation - Thermite.
http://www.hanford.gov/lessons/sitell/ll01/2001-36.htm