Grant Erwin

JohnM wrote:
Can I assume I can hook comuters with various Windows OS's together with
ethernet cards and coax?

Yes.

If so, will a Win95 OS pretty well know what to
do assuming I can get the thing to recognize the hardware or is it going
to be a real pain to make work?

Yes, it will know what to do.

What sort of cable do these cards need? The same a TV uses by any chance?

No. TV cable will *not* work with great certainty. TV cable is coaxial cable,
which has 2 conductors. Ethernet cable has 4 conductors (2 of which are actually
used). Just buy network cable, stuff is dirt cheap. Don't get me wrong,
depending on what you are doing, it is conceivable that some of your link could
be made up of coaxial cable, but actual Ethernet cards that hook directly to
coaxial cable are rare, and TV coaxial cable is the wrong impedance.

And this is the wrong newsgroup. Google Tells All, in this case I suspect quite
quickly.

GWE