Robin S.

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
news:dfkEe.655$Eo3.91@trnddc08...
Picked up three mag starters at a garage sale today. I tested them and
they do 'hold'. Problem is that they are not three phase.

Would there be any danger if I installed them (grinder) and hooked up only
2 of the 3 phase legs to the starter. The third leg I could hook up to a
manual switch. Just trying to save some money. Anybody see a safety
downside?

You may be able to replace some components within the starter to switch to
three phase. I'm not an electrician, but frequently these things have
standard mountings...

If not, I agree with Carl. Think about the guy that has to pull your butt
off that machine as you're being electrocuted...

Regards,

Robin