lionslair at consolidated dot net

granpaw wrote:

anyone got an idea what this thing is?
http://northwisc.com/whatsit/whatsit.html
had this thing laying around the shop a couple of years now, thought I'd
have a use for it by now..

granpaw

My guess :

Take a cable or rope. Put a knot on the end. (buckle for the cable.)
Pass the cable through the slot with the knot in the 'center' section - tight
up the slotted straight. Then using the arm as a crank and holding the other
straight - rotate as a brace with a bit in it.

? That is what popped into my mind. Likely something like that - or
maybe it is a sprinkler key -

slide the slot over a handle (single sided) and the center of the pipe over the shaft.
Rotate as a brace - turn on or off the 'water'.....

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life