Glenn

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
Gunner wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 12:50:09 GMT, Philip Freidin
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:40:22 -0400, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:

SNIP
Real interesting to learn about that current draw when OFF. Who woulda
thunk that?

So.....I'm waiting for the smart folks here at rcm to come up with a neat
way to retrofit a battery disconnect switch which doesn't stick out like a
sore thumb. (No good just saying, "Take out the battery.")

SNIP
My HF chinese calipers seem to last a long time but the Starretts die in a
couple of months and uses the high priced spread for batteries. I slide the
battery door open just enough to disconnect them before putting them back in
their box and they live a long and happy life.
YMMV
Glenn