Mary Fisher

wrote in message
oups.com...
Timothy Murphy wrote:

Are water meters inordinately expensive?
Or do they have some disadvantage?

Theyre a way of getting a big hike in prices in through the back door.

I don't know why you say that. We asked for our meter to be fitted. We opted
to pay by DD, monthly, on what the company deemed would be our usage for the
equipment we had (we pay all our bills like that,through sheer laziness). It
was less than we used to pay on the 'normal' system. The first year ended
last month, we had a refund of £68 and the monthly payment has been reduced
accordingly.

Last I heard they also were fitted pre pipework that is the water co's
responsibility,

No they don't.

Water metering is inevitable at some time, all new houses get them now.
But if youre on unmeterd, unless youre planning to stay single for
life, stay unmetered.

You could say the same thing about electricity, gas, telephone, petrol and,
well, food.

Why shouldn't you pay for what you use?

Mary