Odinn

On 7/24/2005 9:58 AM Leon mumbled something about the following:
"Oldun" wrote in message

Why not just divide 360 by the number of sides. This gives you the angle
of
each joint. Mitre each side joint at half this angle and assemble.

8 sides = 360/8=45
45/2=22.5

There, just mitre at 22.5 degrees.

Oldun

If you read higher up in the thread I made that same BASIC suggestion a few
days back. Actually I divide the sides by the number of end cuts needed.

More simply put, 360 divided by double the sides.

360/(4 sides x 2 end cuts) = 45
360/(8 sides x 2 end cuts) = 22.5
360/(60 sides x 2 end cuts) = 3

This only works with shapes of 4 or more sides, it doesn't work for a
triangle.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshipped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net