Chris Harris

Default Cylinder v thermal store

Given your logistics situation, I think I would check with local
suppliers and see where they source products and then stick with major
manufacturers for supply.

The other thing that I would do is to identify the significant sea
freight firms with an operation at your end and work backwards to find
a good one in terms of packing and freighting. Is there somebody
that your company uses for example?

I am doing something quite similar at the moment with a dust extractor
that I am having shipped from the U.S. by sea and it was certainly
better to work backwards....

I have the freight under control. I Will be in the UK for a holiday/shopping
trip for the new(old) house renovation job and will be shipping a lot of
stuff. I will get it consolodated and shipped as one lot. If I think I have
enough I will buy an old end of life container and ship the lot in that and
have an onsite store to boot.

I will be buying some stuff locally, showstoppers, like the boiler, and
probably will get a local firm to import the cylinder/heatbank/whatever for
me. Then it's their problem to replace it in case of damage during
shipping. Well in the case of a standard cylinder, vented or not, it's an
off the shelf product anyway.

Now do you know any other firms, doing a similar service to DPS, so that I
can at least get comparative quotes?

Chris

--
Remove "nospam." from my address to reply directly