Owen Lowe

Default Ashley Isles Gouges...

Was looking over the Isles selection of gouges - sorta curious about the
brand as I've heard good comments but haven't looked into them before.
In the process I came across a term that leaves me a little perplexed:

Mario Rodriguez's 1.25" shallow spindle gouge in HSS ($116):
"The sheer size and weight of the tool makes it a bit expensive, but the
heft makes it easy to control. It's a production tool for the occasional
turner. 1-1/4" (37 mm) wide."
http://www.toolsforworkingwood.com/M...creen=PROD&Sto
re_Code=toolshop&Product_Code=IT-MARIO125&Category_Code=WIP

They've used the same "for the occasional turner" comment for at least
one other Isles tool - what do you think this means? How can you have a
"production tool" but for "occasional turning"?

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners,
Cascade Woodturners,
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Safety Tip'o'th'week: Never grind aluminum and steel or iron on the same
machine or workstation - Thermite.
http://www.hanford.gov/lessons/sitell/ll01/2001-36.htm