Tom Watson

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:29:32 -0700, nospambob
wrote:

You mentioned a "birds mouth" joint and I tried to post what shows
below but haven't seen it. Is there a compendium of joints anywhere?
Tage Frid index to book 1 doesn't list it. Does birds mouth joint
have another name, like bridle joint and slip joint?

Your suggestion brings forth the question "Is there a source for name
to visual aid for joints?". Haven't looked in Tage Frid Teaches
Woodworking yet but intend to (if I can remember).

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:25:41 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

Don't discount the birds mouth joint for your planter.

A bird's mouth is the notch cut in a rafter to receive the top plate
of the wall.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/rm_home_ext...398229,00.html

(see figure M)

Tom Watson - WoodDorker