Jonathan@Home

Default What are the key elements of a 'raft'?

Jon Weaver wrote:
Give you local BCO a call, cost pratically nothing to speak to him,
local call, and could save a packet if you have to underpin further
down the line.

Cheers
Jonathan

Excuse my ignorance, but whats a BCO? My best guess is "Buildings
Control Officer". If I am right, where would I find a BCO? Are they
linked to the council?

Yep, when you build a house or an exstension he is the bloke that comes and
make everyone nervouse. He will usaully visit first to check the
foundations, then to check the damp course and he will also check that the
drains are set right and don't leak. It is his job to make sure that
Building Regulations are adhered to. He works for the council, mine is
actually quite a nice bloke and responds to my emails when I send them.

Cheers
Jonathan