Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
-Alex wrote:
I'm with you...but many electronics sold here(USA) have 90 full
coverage, up to 1 year - You pay labor.

Crikey. My new TV bought in the UK from a store chain 'never knowingly
undersold' came with a 5 year unconditional warranty.
It wasn't the cheapest sticker price I could find, but when free delivery
and this warranty was included, the best value.

Then there's the consumer protection laws. An item sold must be fit for
the purpose. And there's no time limit stated for that. I'd expect a court
to find in your favour if a TV went wrong like this within 3 years.

--
*Reality is the illusion that occurs due to the lack of alcohol *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.