Brian Lawson

Hey Ivan,

Assuming these each have two poles, why not install two of them side
by side, and you'll have the three you need plus a spare. Some
instances, that fourth one is usefully anyway, as the "self-holding"
contact.

Do these have overload heaters?

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 05:06:17 GMT, "Ivan Vegvary"
wrote:

Picked up three mag starters at a garage sale today. I tested them and they
do 'hold'. Problem is that they are not three phase.

Would there be any danger if I installed them (grinder) and hooked up only 2
of the 3 phase legs to the starter. The third leg I could hook up to a
manual switch. Just trying to save some money. Anybody see a safety
downside?

Thanks,
Ivan Vegvary