Rick

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:09:32 +0100, John Cartmell
wrote:

I'm looking to add insulation to the cavity in a conservatory wall during
building but I'm not clear what thickness of material to use. I had assumed
that it would be necessary/best to fill the cavity but investigations suggest
that less than 1/3 this thickness seems to be generally used.
Is one option a false economy or the other a waste of money?

NB We are intending to use the room in all seasons.

From whant I found when I built my house, u have 2 choices

100mm full-fill cavity bats, they must be the "full fill" type.

OR

50mm kingspan, held against inner leaf.

Both have the same U value. The kangspan can not be used as "full
fill".

The floor, you can put 100mm kingspan in.

Having said this, the windows are gonna be a much bigger heat
loss/gain problem.

Rick