Bill

Default Expanding Foam {Was: Sound insulation of soil pipe}

In message qSDuc.34$cN.16@newsfe2-win, Lobster
writes
Incidentally I notice that as well as conventional cans, Screwfix do 'gun
grade' foam (ref 18821) plus a gun (ref 14315) and foam cleaner (ref 12040).
Has anyone tried this? Or is it just a lot of hassle compared with normal
aerosols and disposable applicators?

David

I used it a year or so back and found it a pleasure not to have to keep
worrying about keeping the nozzle clear. It was simply a matter of
putting some of the cleaner through to remove any residue. That said the
cleaner did leak a bit when attached to the gun.

On a rather amusing note I did some work for my 84 year old father last
month and used a small amount of foam from a rather large can. Not
having a use for the rest of the can I put it in the bin as I had no
expectation of it lasting until it may be needed again. Any father
remembering that you should not put pressurised containers in the bin
decided to release the pressure by piercing the can with a garden fork.
Apparently it was quite spectacular!!!!!!!!
--
Bill