Lobster

Default Expanding Foam {Was: Sound insulation of soil pipe}

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
I've also found it's helpful to blow out the tube on the top of the
aerosol can with an air line before the foam sets. Be careful where it
goes, though...

I bought a brand that came with 2 different size nozzles. You get 2 goes
without having to clean. Now if someone comes out with a can with 5

nozzles
attached to the side, I'll be happy. Life is too short to clean those

little
b*stards.

I agree - or why don't they sell spare nozzles...?!! I'd happily buy them
in packs to avoid cleaning them up. When I bought some recently at Wickes
I actually had a job finding a can with a nozzle attached, presumably
because others had helped themselves to 'spares' to use on half-used cans.

Incidentally I notice that as well as conventional cans, Screwfix do 'gun
grade' foam (ref 18821) plus a gun (ref 14315) and foam cleaner (ref 12040).
Has anyone tried this? Or is it just a lot of hassle compared with normal
aerosols and disposable applicators?

David