gregg

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 09:56:59 -0700, David wrote:

wrote:

Might be better for LN QA to know what the real/detailed facts are?

They'll see for themselves if they ask for the damaged part back. If
you were a mfgr. wouldn't you rather see the defective component than
just take a report from the customer? QA is gonna want "hands on" to
determine if any changes need to be made in the mfgr'ing process. The
mfgr that doesn't want the part back probably doesn't care a whole lot
about QA.

Dave

Or, perhaps, is aware that a 'bad batch' slipped by the QA process.
I experienced this similar situation a few weeks ago with a Senco
FP41XP nailer. Purchased months ago but didn't open or use until
recently. Out of the box (and still under warranty) there were air
leaks. I phoned Senco Customer (Dis) Service and was told the O rings
that were leaking were not covered under the warranty. I brought the
unit in to my local dealer and explained the problem, fully expecting
to pony up nearly $100. to repair the unused gun. Without hesitation,
the nailer was exchanged. The dealer was aware of the fact that there
was a bad batch that recently made its way into the retail channel. A
good example of why I will always make the attempt to purchase locally
before giving my business to a faceless online retailer. Also a good
example of why I'll think twice and twice again before purchasing
anything sold under the Senco brand.

gregg