Alan James

Default Wiring Practise Q for dry lining boxes

"aj" wrote in message
I read all the theories and spoutings of a lot of the postings regarding
relectrical work on these newsgroups and to be honest I cannot believe

some
of the garbage quoted.

I am an Electrical Engineer but do not bother trying to help with many of
the electrical questions raised here because of the rubbish that can get
posted confusing the crap out of the original posters.(Why should anyone
listen to me when there are all these "experts" on here with their elegant
theories and ideas?).

There are one or two poster on here who regularly give what I would regard
as valid, correct answers to these electrical questions but the majority

are
just well meaning, but dangerous, amateurs.

In my professional opinion if you have an electrical problem or question

DO
NOT ask it on here, the ability to post a newsgroup reply does not in any
way endorse a person's ability or knowledge regarding electrical work or
theory.

If you have an electrical problem please for your sake and the sake of
anyone using the buildings or equipment you are asking about, please call

in
an electrician.

It is very very easy to wire something to make it work - it is far harder

make it work in a manner that is safe and does not pose a risk to life or
property.

No doubt all the barrack room sparks will now start telling me how many
houses and sockets they have wired with no problems, i do not have a

problem
with that if you know what you are doing but if you have to ask on here in
the first palce you do not have enough knowledge to take on the job so
please call in someone who is qualified and knows what they are doing.

Hey, there's about 75 words in that sentence. Come on, you're really a
lawyer which perhaps explains why you don't like giving free advice.

Alan