Dave Hinz

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:37:33 -0700, Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

Having suffered for years with helicobacter pylori bacteria, and a bleeding
ulcer, I can sympathize with the heartburn. Unless you've lived through
endless days of that kind of inconvenience, I'm not sure anyone can
understand the agony.

Been there, done that. Well, the heartburn - my cause was mechanical,
not viral. Puking blood really gets one's attention, y'know? Surgery
(Nissen fundoplication) did wonders, no heartburn or meds since.

For the 4th or 5th time, I took the antibiotic cure for the bacteria
infestation about two years ago, but this time it was with two antibiotics
in tandem, along with the mandatory bismuth and antihistamine, as
prescribed. I've enjoyed the best stomach conditions in years since then.

Excellent to know that they've got it figured out now.

By the way, I'm happy with almost anything---Canadian, scotch or Irish,
makes little difference to me. Single malt or blended, all are good as far
as I'm concerned.

I like a nice single-malt Scotch, but right now I"m between Scotches and
am working through a bottle of Knob Creek bourbon for the next few
months.