Harold and Susan Vordos

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Harold and Susan Vordos says...

But I still can't get over the Dr. caching her on the fly,
like with a catcher's mitt. Also the fact that my wife
had no drugs, and the first thing she wanted the next day
was breakfast, not painkillers. The next thing she wanted
was irish whisky!

And she wanted Irish whisky? That's one damned good woman, Jim.

She had terrible heartburn. The first thing she wanted was
breakfast and a cup of coffee. She was unable to drink coffee
for the last months of the pregnancy on account of the heartburn.

Having suffered for years with helicobacter pylori bacteria, and a bleeding
ulcer, I can sympathize with the heartburn. Unless you've lived through
endless days of that kind of inconvenience, I'm not sure anyone can
understand the agony.

I brought her a bottle of jamesons that afternoon, that was next
on the list. She didn't drink any alcohol during the pregnancy
so she kinda missed it.

That I fully understand. I'm not a big drinker, but there's nothing quite
so satisfying as the occasional scotch and water. I don't even drink 'em
stiff, maybe an ounce in an old fashion glass, filled with ice and water.
I went years without the pleasure of sipping one.

For the 4th or 5th time, I took the antibiotic cure for the bacteria
infestation about two years ago, but this time it was with two antibiotics
in tandem, along with the mandatory bismuth and antihistamine, as
prescribed. I've enjoyed the best stomach conditions in years since then.
All previous treatments slowed down the condition, but it was quick to
return.

By the way, I'm happy with almost anything---Canadian, scotch or Irish,
makes little difference to me. Single malt or blended, all are good as far
as I'm concerned.

Harold