Ulysses

"toller" wrote in message
news
Maybe it is just advertising, but they claim the engine and generator are
integrated; so getting a generic replacement would be impossible.

Cool that you got 12,000 hours on it. I have 120 on mine.

I'm not sure how much is advertising but I *think* it has an alternator
which is rectified and fed into the inverter. I'm hoping it's removable. I
called Honda (in Georgia no less) and they basically told me there is no
short block available and a new engine would cost almost as much as a new
generator and that rebuild was basically the only option.

I think part of my problem is this is one of the first ones to ever wear
out. I guess that's good ;-)

I bought a new one last week and it already has 100 hours on it. Someday
I'm gonna get hooked up to those wires they got on them poles and won't need
to use it so much any more.