neolly neolly is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Is it possible to Flash Eprom....

hi

I got a sony CPD-E220 Monitor.You might know sony doesn't even care on crt monitors.My monitor does'nt work,when it boots it shuts down itself(tik sound heared) and the led changes to amber.so i took to a service center,they told the Eprom has been corrupted(even checked with in-built diagnosis,no display ).The tech guy quote me pretty high price which imo not worthy!.I decided to do some research and do it myself.this way work out much cheaper

found the eprom chip M24C16BN6
found the software needed @ denom.com

guys,i need some clarifications

First of all,could this be eprom corruption or chip damage?

It is possible and good idea to do this way?any complex work needed?(i got the eprom program in hex format and the chip)

If possible,how to flash them?any specific method needed?

How abt the error rate?if any prob occur for eg:bad flash will it spoil the monitor?

Thanks in advance