Andy Hall

On 22 Jul 2005 12:35:14 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

For now I'm going to use a CyberGear Gold...but am building an Asterisk
box to replace it.

Asterisk being the PD gateway SW?

The Business Highway line gives me emergency phone coverage should the
PABX go tits up - it's on a UPS to cover power failures.

Yes, mine is HH but will be converted within a few weeks. The incoming
line is right next to the equipment rack, and it'll be on the UPS in
that rack. Not that it matters as line 1 will work without power.

Incoming calls on different numbers ring selected extensions and with
different ring tones. Each of the kids has their own numbers and the
PABX logs the calls for billing them.

There are extension sockets throughout the house, including the attic
(in case I am up there tending servers etc. and the phone rings),
small rooms, garage, detached workshop, cabin, shed and external in
the garden.

Exactly...at least one extension in each room (living room has three, to
allow for reconfiguration of the room, and provision of line for Sky box
if ever needed.

I've done that. The PABX has an option to grab an outside line on
picking up a given extension, although a Sky box can be set to dial a
prefix digit so there are two solutions.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl