Andy Hall

On 22 Jul 2005 11:02:57 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:47:14 UTC, Timothy Murphy
wrote:

In any case, what rational reason do you have for preferring wired phones?

I have one ISDN and one POTS line. I have a phone in each room. I plan
to use MSN or DDI to allow different rooms to ring on selected numbers
being called. I want distinctive ring for each member of the family. I
want intelligent route selection.

I've done this for some years.

I have two ISDN2e lines and one Business Highway line, each with MSNs.

These are connected to an ISDN PABX (Agfeo AS40) with a mix of
analogue extension lines, internal ISDN lines for faxes and routers.
The Business Highway line gives me emergency phone coverage should the
PABX go tits up - it's on a UPS to cover power failures.

Incoming calls on different numbers ring selected extensions and with
different ring tones. Each of the kids has their own numbers and the
PABX logs the calls for billing them.

There are extension sockets throughout the house, including the attic
(in case I am up there tending servers etc. and the phone rings),
small rooms, garage, detached workshop, cabin, shed and external in
the garden.

A few DECT phones really aren't the solution. And being able to take a
DECT phone into the loo is a red herring; it only works if you always
take the phone with you on every visit!

There's really no need, although I could stick a dect phone base on an
extension, I suppose.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl