The Natural Philosopher

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk wrote:

Christian McArdle wrote:
When

repiping the kitchen, I used a three pipe solution, with hard cold, soft
cold and soft hot pipework. Unfortunately, I can't actually afford a
suitable high flow softener ATM, so the soft pipework is hard.

That's exactly what I have done as well, with the addition of a feed off
the cold hard to the main (most used) toilet cistern.

Mm. I have precisely one cold hard tap and one cold hard hose point for
the garden. Even te car washing hose point is softened :-)

The sealed part of the CH is also fed from cold hard when required..I
re-pressurise maybe once a year.

All others are softened, and believe me its a great improvement - noi
limescale on any toilets or water anywhere, and soap lasts forever now.