dAz

Gunner wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:12:15 +1000, dAz dazb@zipDOTcomDOTau wrote:

so either buy a Seiko monster or a Casio G shock

Did Seiko get the bugs worked out of the Kenitic Quartz?

the newer models are supposed to be better, still wouldn't buy one but

Are the solar G-shocks worth the bucks reliability wise?

well they are very tough, for heavy sports activity they are great.

I have a square faced, 3 dial Seiko auto chronograph. Start.stop
buttons are located at the 12 oclock position, rather then the usual 9
and 3. It still runs, but the winder weight bushing is badly worn.
Ive taken it to a couple watch makers,..battery changers basicly..and
no one knows anything about them or wanted to fix it.
In fact,...one of them ****ed up my Commander quartz. No longer
chimes, and will only run for a few minutes at a time.

yeah I remember those, not as common as the others, the model number is
on the case back, 8 digit number with a dash in the middle, something
like 6139-6500

some parts are still available, certainly repairable, what area are you
in? I am sure someone here can recommend a watchmaker near you to repair
both watches.

Got any suggestions on how to ID the first watch, and who to send it
to for repair? Same with the quartz.

give me the case number so I can see if there is a service manual for
it, also the serial number so I can date the watch.